Dutch Oven Apple Dump Cake
Dump cake baked in a dutch oven
- 2 14oz Can Apple Pie Filling
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 12 oz Sprite
- Prep approximately 25 coals for dutch oven.
- (optional) Line dutch oven with parchment paper to ease in cleanup.
- Dump two cans of pie filling into bottom of dutch oven.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and gently mix round top of pie filling.
- Cover filling with cake mix.
- Gently mix 3/4 can of sprite into the cake mix.
- Place dutch oven over 1/3 of coals, place remaining coals over dutch oven.
- Check cake mix with either clean toothpick or fork. Remove from heat when toothpick comes back clean. About 40min on a 40° day.
Sprite mixed into cake mix doesn’t need to be completely wet, and don’t use the whole can otherwise it’ll be too soupy.